Samsung prepares a new line-up of Galaxy devices for October 11th at CTIA event. In a press release made by the Korean handset maker earlier today, Samsung officially introduced to us the Galaxy Tab 8.9-inch and two Galaxy Players 4.0 and 5.0 model.
Now let’s get to the specifications area and lets start with what we already know from earlier reports, the Galaxy Tab 8.9-inch features:
- 8.9 inch WXGA display with resolution of 1280x800p
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 2 cameras; one 3 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and a front facing VGA camera
- 1080p full HD video playback and 720p HD recording
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb with Touchwiz 4.0
The 8.9-inch tablet will be available on sale starting October 2nd for $470 (16GB version) and $570 (32GB version).
Galaxy Player(s) features are almost similar the only differences are the LCD display which is obvious from the names 4.0 (4-inch display), 5.0 (5-inch display) and the battery capacity, which on 4.0 is only 1200mAh while on the 5.0 model is double the power 2500mAh.
- WVGA TFT LCD display 480x800p resolution
- 3.2MP rear-facing camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 3.0
- MiniUSB port
- 8GB of internal storage, with MicroSD expansion up to 32GB
- Android 2.3.5
The Galaxy Players will be on sale October 16th for a price of $270 (5.0) and $230 (4.0).
Ultra-thin & powerful Galaxy Tab 8.9 available for pre-order right now; available in stores nationwide on October 2
Galaxy Player™ 5.0 and Galaxy Player™ 4.0 available for pre-order starting September 27; available nationwide starting October 16
DALLAS – September 26, 2011 – Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the U.S.1, and Samsung Electronics America today announced the immediate availability of the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9, along with the upcoming availability of the Galaxy Player™ 5.0 and 4.0.
The Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 joins the Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 as the thinnest mobile tablets currently available in the U.S. market, measuring at 8.6 millimeters. The Galaxy Tab 8.9 shares many other features and services with the Tab 10.1 including Samsung’s TouchWiz® UX. This unique user interface was created to integrate with Android™ 3.1, Honeycomb, to deliver a truly customized and interactive tablet experience. The TouchWiz UX includes:
- Live Panel: Magazine-like widget view for immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, photo gallery, all on the home screen
- Mini Mode Tray: One-touch overlay access to commonly used applications—Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator and Music Player
- Clipboard: Advanced copy & paste functionality allows Galaxy Tab 10.1 users to store photos, Web pages, YouTube links, etc., for easy sharing via email and social network sites
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off connectivity, notifications, sound, brightness and settings in lower right-hand corner of the display.