The number of phones that are actually durable is painfully limited in our market and to have durability along with elegance and a smartphone experience is a privilege we can only expect from SAMSUNG.The company has released a new Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) running XCOVER.
Time to roll
- 3.65″ 16M-color TFT capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass scratch-resistant display, 320 x 480 pixels resolution
- Marvell MG2 800 MHz processor, 512MB RAM
- Android OS, v2.3.4 Gingerbread
- 3.2 megapixel camera with geotagging; VGA video recording
- IP67 certified: dust and water resistant
1) Every once in a while a smartphone comes and gives a distinct outdoorsy feel.Xcover is such a device.Its specs are awesome for such a durable device and Samsung havent compromised with build quality as well.
2) It’s a strongly built device with a textured back finish. It looks the part too with rugged, ribbed sides and a grippy rear panel with a massive lock screw to keep the battery cover in place.
3) The CPU is reasonably quick and snappy and the overall experience is bound to be almost lag-free.The 512 MB Ram is sure to give u memory for multi-tasking.
4) Android V2.3.4 (Gingerbread) is coated with Samsung’s own Touchwiz 3.0 UI.Its simple,inituitive and serene and full of functionality.
5) The 3.65″ HVGA (320×480) 16M-color capacitive touchscreen is multi-touch enabled and has a toughened Gorilla Glass up front for maximum scratch-resistance. The screen quality is questionable, with a dim and watery look.The touch is extremely sensitive though.
6) Below the screen are the three hardware Android buttons – Home,Back,and Menu.The right side of the phone has those grip-enhancing cuts in the rubberized plastic. There is a single control on this side: the power/lock button. It is reasonably big and has a good press.The left side of the phone is where the volume rocker is. There’s an etched flashlight icon suggesting you can use the LED flash at the back as a torch.Now thats a good addition.
7) Camera is a mediocre 3.2 MP Snapper which also supports VGA video recording.The photos are not as detailed as one would like them to be.Geo-tagging is and option and the camera is accompanied by a LED flash.