Motorola Droid 2 users must know a 2.3 update is running as i write this article “in phases,” bring a few new interesting enhancements like the new user interface (UI), microSD card encryption for security reasons and a few fixes.
For a full list of details regarding Android 2.3 Gingerbread update v4.5.601.A955.Verizon.en.US, check the change log down below.
- New Download Manager
- App and Power Management Details
- Multi-touch key-chording
- Improved word selection copy functionality
- New UI and color scheme
- New dock icons
- App groups
- Improved security
- Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi
- Fixed issue that caused frequent data connection drops
- Mobile Hotspot status is displayed accurately
- Improved email application
- Correct contact name is displayed when receiving SMS messages
- Emoticons are displayed in messages
- Forward SMS message conversations accurately
- Notification LED will flash when new message is received
- Access My Verizon without any force close errors
- Compass calibration within Google Maps syncs accurately with your location
- Geo-tagging features available for camera applications
- Clock widget updates time correctly
- Callback numbers now populate in Dialer app
- GPS apps and programs no longer cause unnecessary device resets
- Google Books is now preloaded
- V CAST Apps is now preloaded
- V CAST Media Manager is now preloaded
- Blockbuster® movie rentals license remains active after download
- Keypad backlight turns on in darker settings
- Improvements in screen display no longer causes display screen to turn black
- Fixed issue that caused factory resets when the device’s mobile number is changed
- Fixed issue that caused device reset and a black display screen after over the air upgrades.
To check or pull the update, tap Settings > About Phone > System Updates. Enjoy!