Sony Ericsson announced earlier today in press conference the latest addition to the Xperia™ family, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S features an upgraded processor to 1.4Ghz (making it super fast), a 4.2-inch capacitive Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine and 854 x 480 pixels resolution (FWVGA), 320MB of internal phone memory with a microSD card slot expandable up to 32GB (a 8GB card included in the box kit), 8MP camera with Exmor R™ for mobile image sensor and 3D and 2D sweep panorama photography and runs Android 2.3 Gingebread. The Arc S will be available globally in selected markets from Q4 2011.
31st August 2011, Berlin, Germany – Sony Ericsson today unveiled Xperia™ arc S at Sony’s press conference in conjunction with IFA in Berlin. Taking the award-winning sleek design from Xperia arc*,the latest addition to the Xperia™ family has a processor upgraded to 1.4Ghz, Sony 3D sweep panorama technology and access to the Sony Entertainment Network services – “Music Unlimited” and “Video Unlimited”**. Xperia™ arc S features 25% faster camera start up and media conversion , along with 20% faster web page rendering compared to Xperia™ arc***.
Consumers with a 2011 Xperia™ smartphone are now able to enjoy “Music Unlimited”and “Video Unlimited” subject to market availability**:
- “Music Unlimited” has a global catalogue of over 10 million unique songs**** with access to your personal music library and ad free radio channels across multiple devices.
- “Video Unlimited” (currently exclusive to Sony Ericsson Xperia™) is the ultimate source for the latest Hollywood blockbusters, all-time classics, and TV shows from all major studios.
Nikolaus Scheurer, Head of Product Marketing at Sony Ericsson said: “Xperia™ arc S is the fastest and most entertaining Xperia™ to date and it clearly demonstrates how the Xperia™ family are the best smartphones to experience great entertainment services such as Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited.”
In addition to these services, Xperia™ arc S includes best-in-class Sony technology such as 3D sweep panorama. 3D sweep panorama images can be captured and then viewed by connecting the phone to a 3D TV using the HDMI output.
Xperia™ arc S also has a visually brilliant 4.2” Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine, an 8.1mp camera with HD video capability and Sony’s award winning Exmor R™ for mobile image sensor that enhances still images and videos even in low light conditions.
Consumers also have access to a uniquely social entertainment experience of sharing and discovery with Facebook inside Xperia™, plus the extensive world of Android with over 250,000 applications.
Xperia™ arc S at a glance:
- Super fast 1.4 GHz processor
- 3D and 2D sweep panorama photography
- 8.1 MP camera with Exmor R™ for mobile image sensor
- 4.2“ Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
- Latest Android™ platform Gingerbread 2.3
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ arc S will be available globally in selected markets from Q4 2011.
For full details all products news, please visit the press room and the product blog:
* Xperia™arc S and Xperia™ arc are winners of the EISA (European Imaging and Sound Association) award for European Camera Phone 2011-2012. Xperia™ arc is also the winner of the prestigious red dot Product Design Award 2011
** Availability of Sony Entertainment Network services:
- “Music Unlimited” and “Video Unlimited” are expected to become available on Xperia™ arc S and launch timing will vary by region. Customers will be notified when services are available.
- Markets for Video Unlimited: USA, Italy, Spain, Germany, UK, France, Australia, Canada and Japan
- Markets for Music Unlimited: USA, Italy, Spain, Germany, UK, France, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand
*** Based on internal tests.
**** The number of songs available from this catalogue varies by region
- Pure White
- Midnight Blue
- Misty Silver
- Gloss Black
- Sakura Pink
- Size: 125 x 63 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 117 grams
- Operating system: Google™ Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255
- 3D sweep panorama
- 8.1 megapixel camera
- 16x smart zoom
- Aperture f/2.4
- Auto focus
- Face detection
- Face recognition
- Geo tagging
- HD video recording (720p)
- Image stabiliser
- Red-eye reduction
- Scene detection
- Send to web
- Smile detection
- Sony Exmor R™ for mobile image sensor
- Sweep panorama
- Touch capture
- Touch focus
- Video light
- Video recording
- Video stabiliser
- Album art