One of the applications I always install on any of my Android phones right after a firmware update, is Elixir, because I find it very useful.
Elixir is a system information application with highly configurable widgets, which helps me to quickly display any information about my device from battery stats, to cpu frequency, missed calls, unread text messages, internal-external storage space left and a lot more.
Tamas Barta developer of this application brings an updated version of Elixir, the 2.0 with a totally new GUI interface and a new icon pack.
Elixir 2.0 changelog:
- Elixir is separated into Elixir and Elixir Widget: you can install only the widgets or the main app if you want. Elixir now can be moved to SD but Elixir Widget can’t because of an Android restriction.
- Help icons in every screen that display information about that screen. >>
- New GUI with a main screen. >>
- In every screen where the list can be filtered you can use the physical search button to enter text.
- There are shortcuts to Elixir screens. You can put these shortcuts into your home screen or a widget.
- The information screen of Elixir is separated into Device information and Software information screens.
- News in Device information screen: more information is displayed, multiple camcorders supported, you can go many system screens, mount / unmount SD, make bluetooth discoverable, start / cancel bluetooth discovery, view your location in map, get more detailed address, update your location, etc. >>
- New Software information screen: more information is displayed, displays and you can edit clipboard content. >>
- News in Sensors screen: progress bar displays the current value relative to the maximum, displays power usage, graphical display of sensor values. New sensor: michrophone. Displays large differences in different color, this can be used for a metal detector just for fun of course. >>
- New Applications screen: display / filter by “on SD status”, displays code / data / cache size, displays version, clear all cache, easily launch / uninstall / etc >>
- New Application labels screen: you can organize applications by labels and create shortcut to a label >>
- News in Report sending: the report contains the list of system and user applications. You can use it to easily save what apps you installed.