Mozilla quietly launched its latest Firefoxversion 6.0 beta at the end of last week. The mobile browser is available on Android market.
Firefox 6.0 beta for Android operating system fixes a series of bugs and bring more features:
- More bug fixes and enhancements:
- Move Find In Page, Share Page, and Save As PDF to app menu on Android (see bug 612193)
- Implement the W3C DeviceOrientation Event Specification (see bug 615597)
- Selecting “Tabs from other computers” on home screen directs to Preferences (see bug 639711)
- WebGL textures broken when decode-on-draw is enabled (see bug 647802)
- Tweaks to Firefox Gingerbread UI (see bug 659447)
- Update Gingerbread UI for Preferences/Downloads/Addons and Context Menu (see bug 659457)
- Tweak selection color in Gingerbread theme (see bug 660632)
- [Java][SwiftKey] StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in String.substring() via GeckoInputConnection.getExtractedText (see bug 663445)
- Important improvements “under the hood” and new technology features:
- Touch Events (part 1 – single touch only): Expose touch events to content for better interaction with web pages and services, and improved compatibility with existing web content.
- IndexedDB database storage for web pages
- Better performance and improved memory management
- Automatic text hyphenation with the -moz-hyphens CSS property (see bug 253317)
- Creating a better web experience:
- Higher-quality image scaling (on devices with NEON-compatible processors). Smoother zooming, less pixelation, crisper display of logos, etc.
- Improvements for large-screen tablets: Optimizing Firefox for larger tablet devices, e.g. by adjusting UI elements, buttons, font size. (Phase 1)
- Visual refresh with new Gingerbread theme for phones running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread): A fresh look for the browser to look even more beautiful on Gingerbread.
- Universal Access: Optimized rendering of pages that use RTL layout (languages like Arabic, Hebrew) (see bug 634386)