Samsung has been on a mission, to not only replace Nokia as the world’s No. 1 manufacturer but also to top everyone else who comes in its way to do so. The company is releasing now, a better “brother” for the succesfull Galaxy Tab, naming it as Galaxy Tab 10.1, which runs on the latest Android specially designed for tablets, Honeycomb 3.1. Lets check it out.
- Android V3.1 (Honeycomb)
- ARM Cortex-A9 Dual-Core 1GHz Processer,Nvidia Tegra 2 chipset
- 16GB / 32GB / 64GB internal memory storage
- micro-SD card slot for up to 32GB memory through a USB adapter (have to buy separately)
- 8MP rear and 2MP front Camera
- WIFI, BLUETOOTH , 3G/4G LTE
1) The Processor is a Dual-core 1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 clocked at 1Ghz with Tegra 2 T20 chipset which is the trend for high-end smartphones nowadays. GeForce GPU will ensure that you never find a game that wont work. The processor wipes every “drop” of any lag. Everything is super-smooth and intuitive.
2) The body is made-up of high quality plastic with a metallic finish with textured back panel. Its reasonably thin at just 10.9 mm thick, but a bit hard to carry around though. It weights a hefty 590 grams which is sure to cause discomfort if its held for a long time, which is not bad as tablets are ment to be like this.
3) Android V3.1 improves the whole Honeycomb experience. Almost all bugs are fixed and its completely optimised for a rich tablet experience. Samsung hasn’t equipped this tab with TouchWiz UX, but the original Honeycomb isn’t bad either. Its simple yet classy.
4) An 8 MP rear snapper (camera) is more than anything a tablet user may need and added as a bonus is the 2MP front facing camera. The rear camera has abilty to take pictures of 3264x2448p resolutin, autofocus, LED flash,Geo-tagging and full 1080p video recording at 30FPS (which is great).
5) There is no problem what-so-ever in video playback or music playing capabilities of this monstrous tab. XVID/DIVX support out of teh box saves a lot of trouble. There’s also a document editor, typical Samsung style.
6) The screen is a capacitive of 10.1 inches (obvious by the name) with 1280×800 pixels. It supports multi-touch. There are a whole lot of sensors as well: Proximity, Accelerometere,and 3 Axis Gyro to name some. All the buttons provided below the screen are touch sensitive.
7) There are 2 variants i.e. the 16GB and the 32GB. There is no microSD slot which means you will have to be happy with one of the two choices, depending on your needs/choice.
8) Connectivity options are standard as all Android-based devices, with WiFi, Bluetooth v2.0, micro USB port, 3G/4G, etc.
9) Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes only in one colour – black, which gives a business-class feeling, and the metal finish increases the classiness.
Samsung have gone All-in with this one and credit has to be given to them since they have scored a “Royal Flush” with Galaxy S, Galaxy SII, Galaxy Tab 7″, Galaxy Tab 8.9″ and finally the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I am in love with this one guys, no matter what size its in, a tablet always gets attention (at least at present). That’s it for now folks, if you like it and you can afford it, it is one hell of a purchase!! Peace out!!!!!!!!