Got a Droid X2? You need to know that Motorola is rolling (as i write the article) a Gingerbread 2.3.3 update for your phone.
The update can be made by following this steps: Go to Menu —> Settings —> About Phone —> System Updates. After you device finishes the go and check your operating system updated version if it shows you 1.3.232.MB870, then you have a Droid X2 up to date.
List of improvements and fixes in this update:
Download Manager App:
- New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos, instead of having to change to the numeric keyboard mode.
Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality:
- New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- New User Interface and Color Scheme:
- New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Added Device and SD Card encryption. VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings.
Updated Calendar Options:
- Display Calendar and event times in your home time zone when traveling.
- Dismiss individual reminders, such as dismissing one meeting reminder without dismissing other meeting reminders.
- Easy conference dialing – simply dial and automatically enter a conference code directly from your Calendar.
- Google Books is now preloaded.
- Geo-tagging features available for camera applications.
- Improvements in screen display reduce screen locking up and turning black.
- HDMI indicator clears if cable is connected and an application is started.
- No longer receive duplicate SMS messages.
- After Mobile Directory Number (MDN) change, device no longer performs data reset.
- On the home screen, icons and widgets display properly.
- Fixed interruption when unlocking device.
- Improved stability reduces device resets.
- Correct device battery percentage is displayed.
- VZ Navigator works simultaneously with Wi-Fi.
- Easily subscribe or cancel a subscription to Visual Voice Mail.
- Home tray icons can be customized.
- When device is placed in car dock, device no longer plays loud sound.
- Enhanced User Interface provides improved screen transitions.
- Receive MMS sound notifications while on a call.
- Addition of Vibrate icon.
[via Motorola Support Forums]