Lenovo has started a venture into the tablet market by launching two promising looking tablets namely Thinkpad and Ideapad K1. While the Thinkpad is more of a business oriented slate the Ideapad K1 is a party rocker for common consumers.Lets check it out.
- Android Tablet specific V3.1 (Honeycomb)
- Nvidia Tegra 2 (1.0 Ghz Processor with Cortex A-9)
- Nvidia Geforce Graphic card
- 10.1 inch capacitive touchscreen with resolution 1280*800
- WIFI or WIFI+3g (both models available)
- 16 gb and 32 gb Internal memory (both available)
- 5 MP rear and 2MP front camera
- Flash enabled browser
1) The K1 packs a Nvidia tegra 2,1.0 ghz processor which is not fair as dual cores are just around the corner.Eventhough its enough for multitasking but a dual core in the package would have been better especially since its main competitor the Galaxy tab 10.1 has a dual core processor..Its a sleek,slim outlook and a classy finish to a somewhat lacking package.
2) Nvidia Geforce graphic card will make sure that their isn’t a game which you wont be able to play on this giant of a Tablet.It may even give u desktop graphics (just kidding).It has a beautiful textured rear panel as well.
3) 1 GB DDR2 ram will make sure you always have enough.It will improve performance and overall smoothness of the tablet.This is a real competition to Samsung’s 10.1 version of Galaxy tab.
4) It sports a 5 Mega-Pixel rear and a 2 MP Front camera are more than enough for tablet usage as they are not the best to hold around clicking pictures and yes the 2MP front facing camera satisfies the business needs of video calling and chatting.
5) We have a lot of expectations from android 3.1 update of Honeycomb which is the tablet specific version of android.It has many fixes fixing lags,application support,and many bugs of V3.0.