Sprint tweeted earlier today on its official account that an update is set to roll out on Monday 25th of July.
The update will bring Android 2.3.5 to Samsung Nexus S 4G to boost up WiMAX perfromances, improving the wireless connectivity, speakerphone quality tweaks and TTY support.These enhancements should increase 4G data speeds and signal strength for users.
Key features include:
- 1GHz Samsung application processor that produces rich 3D-like graphics, faster upload and download times and supports HD-like multimedia content
- Dedicated Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) to make playing mobile games, browsing the Web and watching videos a fast, fluid and smooth experience
- AMOLED™ touchscreen technology on a 4-inch Contour Display
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera and camcorder and front-facing VGA camera.
- Gyroscope sensor to provide a smooth gaming experience when the user tilts the device up or down or pans the phone to the left or right
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to six Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows the device to read information from everyday objects, like stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips
source: Sprint Community, Sprint on Twitter