They say Salsa is a style made for two,well HTC disagrees.the Taiwan based company hopes or should I say aims to take over the mid-range Android market by the latest series of facebook phones -Salsa and Chacha.
Personally I am not a big fan of HTC phones leaving the SENSE UI and obviously who doesn’t like that.Salsa has been seen as a Wildfire S replacement but no their’s much more to it than Wildfire S.Here are the Pros and Cons for you:-
1) 3.4″ Capacitive Gorilla Glass touchscreen with a resolution of 320*480
2) Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) with SENSE UI
3) 800 MHZ Processor with Adreno 205 Gpu.
4) Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7230 Chipset
5) 512mb ROM and Ram both
6) The biggest +1 for me (personal opinion) Divx/xvid support out of the box.
7) 5MP snapper and a VGA secondary Camera.
8) One-touch facebook access.
1) Poor Display (reflective in sunlight).
2) Below par image quality in Camera.
3) SDCARD not hot-swappable.
4) No HD recording.
1) The slim and classy profile is sure to attract some eye-candy but its what under the hood matters more and thats where HTC never disappoints.Its a 800Mhz processor with a qualcomm snapdragon
chipset and a Adreno 205 GPU to satisfy the casual gamer.
2) The screen is pretty decently sized and has a sub-par resolution of 320*480 pixels but is coated with Gorilla Glass technology.It has poor sunlight legibility but if you use it indoors you should have no problems whatsoever.
3) There is a traditional set of 4 Android buttons below the screen which provide extra functionality like task managers etc when pressed for long.But the most striking feature is below those.The blue coloured Facebook icon has awakened the curiosity of many and will continue to-do so.