They say Salsa is a style made for two,well HTC disagrees.the Taiwan based company hopes or should I say aims to take over the mid-range Android market by the latest series of facebook phones -Salsa and Chacha.
Personally I am not a big fan of HTC phones leaving the SENSE UI and obviously who doesn’t like that.Salsa has been seen as a Wildfire S replacement but no their’s much more to it than Wildfire S.Here are the Pros and Cons for you:-
1) 3.4″ Capacitive Gorilla Glass touchscreen with a resolution of 320*480
2) Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) with SENSE UI
3) 800 MHZ Processor with Adreno 205 Gpu.
4) Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7230 Chipset
5) 512mb ROM and Ram both
6) The biggest +1 for me (personal opinion) Divx/xvid support out of the box.
7) 5MP snapper and a VGA secondary Camera.
8) One-touch facebook access.
1) Poor Display (reflective in sunlight).
2) Below par image quality in Camera.
3) SDCARD not hot-swappable.
4) No HD recording.
1) The slim and classy profile is sure to attract some eye-candy but its what under the hood matters more and thats where HTC never disappoints.Its a 800Mhz processor with a qualcomm snapdragon
chipset and a Adreno 205 GPU to satisfy the casual gamer.
2) The screen is pretty decently sized and has a sub-par resolution of 320*480 pixels but is coated with Gorilla Glass technology.It has poor sunlight legibility but if you use it indoors you should have no problems whatsoever.
3) There is a traditional set of 4 Android buttons below the screen which provide extra functionality like task managers etc when pressed for long.But the most striking feature is below those.The blue coloured Facebook icon has awakened the curiosity of many and will continue to-do so.
4) The provided hardware keys are- Volume Rocker,Facebook button,Power button and very surprisingly a dedicated camera shutter key.
5) The 5 MP camera produced Below-par image quality for HTC standard but shoul be good enough for occasional snaps.It has auto focus mode and geo tagging as well as a flash.
6) The back is mostly metal made and looks classy but feels quite the opposite.It is a mismatch of colours and surely HTC aimed it at the youth but I think in long run this move may just backfire.
7) OS is Android V2.3 (gingerbread) themed with SENSE UI.Although earlier reposrt suggested that Salsa and Chacha will run 2.4 (Icecream-sandwich) but obviously they were wrong.I dont theres much to talk about the Sense UI as it is the most liked UI of all.
8) There are few changes to the sense ui in this one :-
a) Revamped Main-menu
b) A Quick settings button
c) A all-new Lock Screen.
d) Theres no option to delete or add Homescreen windows (7 neither more nor less)
e) A new option called skin with every skin change changing the complexion of look and feel of icons etc.
9) Contacts have full Facebook integration pulling every contact info including profile pic to your contact screen from facebook.
10) Video player supports XVID/Divx but is limited to files upto 350 mb.Anything over that may give problems.No support for MKV.
11) Connectivity is pretty basic except the supposed upload speed which is claimed to be 384 kbps.(Heck thats supposed to be the 3G download speed in som low-range Nokia phones).
12) Browsers has full flash support to enrich rowsing expeirience.Its a typi