Mozilla announced the release of Firefox 5.0 beta version for Android, if you are a fan of this browser hurry up and get it from the market.
Firefox for Android is built on the same technology platform as Firefox for desktop computers, just optimized for browsing on a mobile device.
The latest version of Firefox Beta for Android has the following changes:
- Important bug fixes: places.sqlite-wal takes too much space for Fennec (see bug 625981), password fields not masked (see bug 655864), typing in text fields started clearing beginning of characters (see bug 655852), input issues in rich text editors (see bug 624163), crash fixes (see bug 641010)
- Fixed localization issues with truncated strings in French (see bug 658121), Russian (seebug 658099), and in Italian (see bug 658109 and bug 646093 )
- Improved page load speed, especially on 3G networks (see bug 561694)
- Improved panning responsiveness (see bug 639179)
- Added support for the Do-Not-Track header (see bug 648654)
- Improved compatibility with SwiftKey keyboard (see bug 617289)
- Images downloaded to the Android Gallery are now immediately visible (see bug 646550)
- Improved color conversion enabling better display of images and video (see bug 641014)
- Dialog prompts better match default Android styling (see bug 618989)
- Added support for over six menu items in the Android Menu (see bug 610784)
- Resolved an error encountered when trying to load web pages without an active Internet connection (see bug 648268)