Not too long ago the Google Play store reached a new milestone — 1 billion Android users across 190 countries, and to celebrate it properly Google Inc kicked off the first-ever Google Play Awards event at Google I/O 2016 (sort of like the Oscars ceremony, but for mobile developers).
The Google Play Awards 2016 counted more than 50 nominees (apps and games) this year, out of which 10 were voted as the best at their respective category.
And the winners of the first Google Play Awards edition are:
Category Title Company
1) Indie AlphaBear Spry Fox LLC
2) Best use of Google Play services Table Tennis Touch Yakuto
3) Best use of Material Design Robinhood Robinhood
4) Standout Startup Hopper Hopper Inc
5) Best Families Apps Thinkrolls 2 Avokiddo
6) Most Innovative NYT VR The New York Times Company
7) Early Adopter World Around Me WT InfoTech
8) Go Global Pokemon Shuffle Mobile The Pokemon Company
9) Best App Houzz Houzz
10) Best Game Clash Royale Supercell
You can also watch the entire 30 minutes recording of the show, available on Android Developers YouTube channel.