LG G Flex wins Design Excellence at 2014 IF Design Awards
Forget the Oscars, LG is raking in the awards and accolades of late and it’s not hard to see why. LG has released a great deal of innovative and exciting products of late, from their partnership with Google, manufacturing both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 and their very own LG Flex, which sports a curved display, one of the only handsets in the world to do so.
For their creativity they have been handed two prestigious awards, one of which is; The Most Innovative Company award, which was given to them at MWC 2014. They were announced “Most Innovative Device Manufacturer of the Year” which is awarded by the GSMA Award Committee. The committee is comprised of a mix of tech analysts and specialists. LG announced a staggering 8 new devices at this year’s MWC some of which were; G Pro 2, G Flex, G2 mini, F Series and L Series.
Chris Yie, who is LG’s vice president of Mobile Marketing Communications had this to say on winning the prestigious award; “We are incredibly humbled that GSMA selected LG from among the many capable companies in the mobile industry to honor with this award,”
LG struck gold at the 2014 IF Design awards, where 26 of the company’s products earned honours ranging from their LG Flex which was one of the gold award winners and also LG’s Ultra HD TV (4K) and the G2 scooping awards at the annual design award ceremony which is hosted by the iF International Forum Design who describe the awards as an opportunity to “recognize products that demonstrate excellence and innovation in the field of design.”
Other LG products recognized at the iF Design Awards 2014include:
- SoundPlate™ (Model LAP340), a chic sound system wrapped in a thin, flat, minimalist body that can be placed directly under today’s premium TVs
- Sound Bar (Model NB5530) boasts an ultra slim design with a height of only 35mm in a premium black and metallic silver finish to blend into any living room
- 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide monitor (Model 34UM95) with its transparent Crystal Float Stand and CINEMA SCREEN Design
- Ultra PC (Model 13Z940), weighing less than 1kg, sports a clean, minimalist design and 4.4mm Super Narrow Bezel
- ARTCOOL Stylist Inverter V (Model A12IWK) air conditioner boasts a unique ring of subtle LED mood lighting, proprietary 3D airflow feature, near-silent operation and significant energy savings
- ARTCOOL Slim Inverter V (Model CA12RWK) delivers a winning combination of energy efficient, health-centric features and advanced technologies such as Active Energy Control, Energy Display and Plasmaster Ionizer Plus
LG had a fantastic year last year, they launched a plethora of new, innovative and most importantly popular products and they have received recognition as a result, let’s see what they have to offer for the rest of 2014.