Today Google+ is the fastest-growing network thingy ever. More than 500 million people have upgraded, 235 million are active across Google (+1’ing apps in Google Play, hanging out in Gmail, connecting with friends in Search…), and 135 million are active in just the stream. Today Google has announced two new additions to its Google+, Communities and Snapseed.
With Google+ Communities there’s now a gathering place, including:
- Public or private membership to support all kinds of groups—from topics and interests to local neighborhoods to regular poker nights
- Discussion categories to find the conversations you care about most
- The option to start hangouts and plan events with community members
- The ability to share with your community from any +1 button across the web
The Communities addition is rolling out today so look for the new icon. Google has released this for web only and has announced mobile will be coming soon. Remember this is only a “preview” so be sure to leave feedback on it.
Next we have the new Snapseed. Last year it was named “App of the Year” for iPad, it has been brought over for Android and works with Google+ network.
Here are a few things of what Snapseed can do.
- Basic adjustments like tune, straighten and crop
- Creative filters like drama, black & white, and vintage that you can apply individually or in combination
- Control Point technology to selectively enhance your photo—to brighten just a face, for instance, or deepen just the sky
- The ability to share your creations via Google+ and other services
Snapseed is rolling out today on Google Play and the AppStore, and both versions are free so be sure to check that out as well. These new additions are great and should help Google+ stay in the “Social Network” game.
source Google Blog