French consumer electronics company, Archos has revealed today its new ultra-thin Gen10 XS tablet line with an innovative Coverboard (a magnetic keyboard that will offer protection, a kickstand, docking and easy typing).
ARCHOS 101 XS is the first of super slim Gen10 XS line Android slates equipped with a 10.1-inch display, the tablet weighs only 21 ounces and measures only 8mm thick. In addition it is powered by a TI OMAP 4470 processor with PowerVR SGX544 GPU and 1GB of RAM. Archos 101 XS comes with 16GB built-in storage expandable through a microSD card slot for up to 64GB.
More features include:
• OMAP4470 processor with PowerVR™ SGX544 GPU and 1GB RAM
• Android 4.0 (upgradable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean)
• 10.1-inch screen with 1280 x 800 resolution
• 16GB Flash Memory
• Micro USB, MicroSD (SDXC up to 64 GB), Mini HDMI
• WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
• Google Certified, full access to Play Store
• Pre-Loaded Apps: Office Suite Pro 6 (full version pre-loaded), Gameloft Top Game Zone, Asphalt 6, Spider-Man HD, Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, B&N Nook, Zino
Archos 101 XS will make its debut in mid-September for $400 (magnetic Coverboard included), followed by the release of the ARCHOS 97 XS and ARCHOS 80 XS later in 2012.