An unlucky customer has witness his own Samsung GALAXY S III smartphone spontaneously combusting into flames while it was placed in the car mount. The incident has been reported to Engadget and according to the owners statement the incident caused real damage leaving a deep burn scar across the lower half of the polycarbonate unibody of the device.
Apparently the phone screen wasnt damaged at all, but the reception (radio signal) of it was all gone. This is not the first incident report involving a smartphone meltdown as it happened before to other brands as well. The GALAXY S3 unit has been sent to a repair center for a complete investigation.
Samsung Electronics issued a public statement regarding this unpleasant event and here it is: “Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question. Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.”
via Engadget souce Boards