Its been a while since the international HTC Sensation received Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware upgrade, while US customers stared at their fellow Europeans salivating for an ICS software update. Well that time has passed as T-Mobile reveals that the upgrade is about to start rolling out to customers as early as May 16th.
I know some would say better later than never, but the truth is its been what, 6 months since Android 4.0 was announced late last year and bearly %5 of the handsets out in the world are running on Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
The new firmware version 2.14.531.3710RD brings the following:
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update.
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
- Manual update
- Device is running Android version 2.3.3 / Software version 1.50.531.1, 1.29.531.2, or 1.45.531.1
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data or Wi-Fi connection
HTC Amaze 4G is also scheduled for an upgrade in the following weeks as it isn’t approved by T-Mobile yet. More details here.