Sony has begun rolling out Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware upgrade to its first Android tablet Sony Tablet S. The announcement was made earlier on Sony’s official blog.
The new firmware besides upgrading the OS to Android 4.0, it brings single motion panorama photo mode and direct access to your SD card plus a few other features and improvements that come along with the new operating system.
The update is available over the air (OTA) once you receive the notification to do a system update – check how much battery you have left (at least %50) before clicking OK to download. It shouldnt take to long to download and install.
Sony Tablet S Android 4.0 changelog:
- Enhanced lock screen
- Direct access to Notifications
- Unlock direct to camera
- New panoramic camera mode
- Enhanced Gallery media viewer
- Direct SD card access + photo editing tools
- Exclusive “Small Apps’ for multi-tasking
- Calculator, Browser, Remote Control
- Move to screen edge for reduced clutter
- New Home Screen actions
- Drag icons together to create folders
- Add names to folders
- Enhanced web browser
- Switch from mobile to desktop web sites
- Save pages for offline viewing
- Access files directly from SD card
- Native screenshot capture
- Press “power” and “Volume –“