WordPress for Android application enters public beta version 2.1, don’t bother looking for an update via Google Play Store because you wont be able to find it there yet. This beta version brings a lot of improvements like the ability to finally edit any comments, an automated save option for each draft post at every 60 seconds, a few improvements over the UI and more. Check below for the full changelog.
Here’s whats new in beta v2.1:
- Autosave timer while editing posts. Every 60 seconds the post will be autosaved.
- Edit comments! You can edit comments while on the go now.
- You can now set the width for linked images.
- All new WordPress.com reader. Navigating posts is much faster and you can add comments to posts that you are reading. You can also share the post to other Android apps!
- Small improvements to the UI, most notably that the delete post button has been moved to a less prominent spot to prevent accidental taps on it.
- Reliability improvements
- Translation updates
WordPress for Android developers encourages users to test this! The more devices they can test on, the better. Some things to try:
- Edit a comment, did it save as expected?
- Write a post and make sure it autosaves every 60 seconds.
- If you have a WordPress.com blog, try out the new reader (tap ‘Read’ from the Dashboard).
- Try the new linked media settings, does it link to the image at the scale you set?
Please leave any feedback here! Even if it works fine, it’d be great to know which device you tested on.