One of the most popular custom ROMs out there for Android smarphones (mostly for HTC smartphones) is Android Revolution HD. And HTC One X is pleasured to get it just a couple of days after launch! The ROM is based on the latest official HTC RUU for the One X. It’s said to bring great improvements to the already brilliant ‘superphone’, with no visual changes at all.
Here’s the full list of improvements and changes:
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full nVidia Tegra 3 (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions – Thanks to ChainsDD)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- SD Card speed tweak
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed (Amazon MP3, SoundHound, etc.)
- All system applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance by changing mounting method
- OpenVPN support
- 4EXT Recovery (Thanks to madmaxx82)
- You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
- Support almost 24h a day
- …and many more!
Before flashing the ROM, you’ll need to have S-OFF, 4EXT Recovery Touch installed, and a firmware package. The installation process is well-described in the official thread for the ROM, where all the download links and info can be found.
If you have flashed this masterpiece of a ROM, please share your impressions with us! The comments section is right below!