Those that have one of the G9 tablets will love this news. Archos announced a few minutes ago that a new firmware upgrade is now available.
The new Android build 4.0.5 is more a maintainence update that comes to fix several issues like the WiFi bug, HDMI no sound or video input on some TV’s bug, Bluetooth fix, VPN connection fail is now fixed and more.
Archos version 4.0.5 change log:
• Wi-Fi: fix slow throughput and disconnections happening on some access points
• HDMI: solve no sound or no video output issue on some TVs
• Bluetooth: make sure Bluetooth does not prevent device suspend
• VPN: fix VPN connection failing
• Touchscreen: avoid loss of first finger touch while tapping with second finger
Download it now by pressing the A icon that has appeared in the taskbar on your tablet, or if you don’t have the A icon you can go to settings > about tablet > System updates to force the update check. Or you can manually update by selecting G9 device from the list here: http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/updates_fwm.html