Paul O’Brien at MoDaCo delivers Superboot tool which acquires permanent root privileges on yet to be released HTC One X the first quad-core Tegra 3 (4-Plus-1) smartphone from Taiwanese vendor.
“This superboot image is created after a user request for ‘testing’ One X devices. It should work on any retail One X device with S-OFF or a HTCdev unlocked bootloader. I will update it for retail devices (if required) in due course,” said Paul O’Brien.
How to use Superboot – Windows, Linux and OSX
- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode – Turn off the phone then turn on with the ‘volume down’ button pressed to enter the bootloader.
- WINDOWS – double click ‘install-superboot-windows.bat’
- MAC – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-mac.sh’
- LINUX – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-linux.sh’