Verizon Wireless reportedly pushing out a new firmware upgrade build number IMM30B to the Galaxy Nexus. The new build brings Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich OS to the Galaxy Nexus along with a pack of improvements and fixes.
Firmware build IMM30B is for CDMA Galaxy Nexus only (GSM version is not supported). Download IMM30B build and rename it to update.zip then flash it through the stock recovery or via ClockWorkMod.
Because it is an unofficial ROM there is no change log, luckily XDA members compiled a list of whats new in this new build:
- Noticeably Faster
- Android OS bug fixed (in battery stats)
- Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
- New Radios. 3G/4G switching MUCH better. Don’t even notice it changing.
- Improved signal strength
- New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, familiar to those who have used a stock 4.0.3 rom. Screenshot here
- PRIMELA03 Bootloader
- Faster boot up time
- Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smooth transition
- Holding down camera button now refocuses again
- Multitouch issue seems resolved. Screenshot here
- Autorotate is faster
- Browser performance noticeably improved
- Recent apps list opens faster
- Miscellaneous camera UI changes
- Increased volume
- Keyboard fixes
- Updated News & Weather app UI
- Improved quick controls in browser. New when coming from 4.0.2. Present in 4.0.3. Screenshot here (Update: 02/05)