Paul O’braien founder of MoDaCo released an unofficial fix for recently discovered “volume bug” on the Samsung GALAXY Nexus with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
Google and Samsung is working on a fix but it isnt ready just yet. Luckly freelance developers like Paul deliver a patch to fix the problem. Down below are the steps you need to follow to patch it:
Follow these steps:
- Download the zip file and extract to a directory — Volume Bug Fix R1 – DOWNLOAD – MD5: b3e2993d41b6268e5ffff0f0ae2a3a18
- Put your device in bootloader mode – Turn off the phone then turn on with the ‘volume up’ and ‘volume down’ buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
- WINDOWS – double click ‘install-windows.bat’
- MAC – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-mac.sh’
- LINUX – Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type ‘chmod +x install-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-linux.sh’
Note: APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! This is still in a testing phase internally. Although it works great for us, well, you never know.