Lenovo took a venture into the Tablet Market with the two tablet releases namely – Ideapad K1 and the Thinkpad.We covered the Ideapad previously and now is the time for the Thinkpad . Being more for the business-class consumers Thinkpad has its own class and elegance.
- 10.1″ Touch Screen with 16:10 IPS panel with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android Honeycomb 3.1 version,will be upgraded to the Android’s Honeycomb 3.2 version
- Nvidia Tegra 2 dual core 1GHz processor
- Weighs 1.65 lbs
- Native USB 2.0 and micro-USB ports, full-size SD card slot and mini-HDMI output.
1) NVIDIA’S Dual core Tegra 2 Processor are sure to ensure a hassle and lag-free use for this tablet,and being an OFFICE MINDED tablet,it will use almost all of it for multi-tasking.
2) The 10.1″ 16:10 IPS Panel turns out to be a pleasant surprise,Lenovo have promised a crisp experience.The resolution is a typical 1280*800.
3) Android V3.1 Honeycomb has been coated in the same UI we saw in the Ideapad K1,It is sleek ,stocky,and simple at the same time.The display supports Multi-touch as well.
4) Standard Connectivity features like WIFI,Bluetooth and 2G/3G Data networks are backed up with some not-so-usual things like Native USB 2.0 and micro-USB ports,and mini-HDMI output.
5) Below the display the usual set of Four Android buttons – SEARCH,MENU,HOME,and the BACK are present.They have been kept hardware which I personally think is a good decision on LENOVO’s behalf.
5) This tablet has also got a full size SD card reader along with the mini HDMI input connector, micro USB ports and also an optional docking port which can be used the way you want it.
6) It sports DUAL Camera as well.a 5MP rear snapper whereas the front is 2MP.The 5MP is able to record full HD videos as well.It has all the basic Camera feature as well some advanced one’s like Geo-tagging and Face-detection.
6) This tablet has also got some interesting applications right from out of the box which again is a great tool as you have applications like Documents to Go, Printer Share, Compu trace Mobile by Absolute Software, Accu Weather for Honeycomb, McAfee® Mobile Security, FlexT9, Citrix Receiver, My Script Notes etc . etc.
6) The tablet is relatively easy to use for long time as it weighs only 1.6 lbs.Its available with only one color option i.e. Stunning Black with MATTE Finish.
7) Lenovo is offerings loads of accessories like Full QWERTY keypad dock,Pen and Digitalizer . 8 Hours of battery backup is also claimed which can give it an edge over the other tablets in the same range.
8) The 16GB WiFi model is priced at $479 sans digitizer pen and $509 with it. The 32GB model runs $589 and ships with the digitizer pen. 3G models are on tap, but Lenovo didn’t announce the prices or release dates.
I know it’s a little too early to be giving any verdict (heck!! its not even out in UK yet).It’s planned for a release in most markets in a week or so.This one is pretty well distinguished and has both business and multimedia capabilities and given the price bracket it may well prove to be a great deal. PEACE OUT!!