Share article:

Samsung Galaxy S II update to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread via KIES, started rolling almost a month ago in a few select countries. The update is still unavailable today for many countries.

That is why I decide to make a little list with the countries where the update is available to download through KIES.

Samsung Galaxy S II list of countries where Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread is rolling already

Germany =>  Available
Venezuela => Update available
Singapore => Update available
Romania (Orange) => Update available
Peru => Update available
Korea =>  Update available
Hong Kong => Update available

Samsung Galaxy S II list of countries where Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread reported unavailable yet.

Turkey (Turkcell) => Pending  (Updated to latest 2.3.3)
UK (Vodafone) =>  Pending
UK (T-Mobile) =>  Pending (Updated to latest 2.3.3)
UK (O2) =>  Pending/Unavailable
UK (Three carrier) => Pending/Unavailable
Italy =>  Pending
Brazil (ZTO) = Pending/Unavailable
Malaysia =>  Pending (Updated to latest 2.3.3)
Netherlands =>  Pending (Updated to latest 2.3.3)
New Zealand =>  Pending
Israel =>  Pending
South-Africa =>  Pending
Lithuania =>  Pending
South America =>  Pending
Libya (Three carriers) => Pending

*Rest of Europe =>  Pending
**Egypt =>  Pending (2.3.3 Arabic Version Available)
**UAE =>  Pending  (2.3.3 Arabic Version Available)
**Middle-East =>  Pending (2.3.3 Arabic Version Available)

LEGEND:

Pending =>  the update is not available for this region
Update available =>  Android 2.3.4 update is available through KIES to download

*Any country in Europe that is not on the list above.
**These countries get the same build version of Android with Arabic language enabled

If your country didn’t make it on the list yet or you need/want to report a succesful installation in your country via KIES please comment down below with the following [Country (mention carrier too) => Pending/Update available] and we will update the list. Thanks

source: YouMobile

Share article:

84 thoughts on “List of countries where Android 2.3.4 update for Galaxy S II is available via KIES

1. Galaxy S 2

In turkey the update only updates the Base Version to XWKG1 but it doesnt upgrade the OS to 2.3.4, it is still 2.3.3. FYI

2. TonyHK

Hong Kong, NOT AVAILABLE in Kies latest version (2.0.2.11071_128) from Samsung HK website. It’s an unlocked S2 bought from Smartone.

PDA: I9100ZSKG2
    PHONE: I9100XXKG1
    CSC: I9100OZSKG2

Have i missed an obvious step to using Kies?

3. Florian Mihu Post author

Hi Florian, the GS2 will be getting this update but it needs to be authorised by your service provider. Please contact them for their release date.

4. Pachuco

You don’t say on what information you prepared your list. At least for Singapore it is wrong. There is no update available for my GS2 which is still running Android 2.3.3.

5. scubajoe

Originally Posted By Florian MihuUK folks need to know this!! I got an answer from SamsungUk they said and i quote

I have a sim free UK phone and it’s not available.

6. Scott Popowich

As Samsung UK told me i think you should call customer service and ask about the update, i can tell you that http://www.SamFirmware.com is going to release a 2.3.5 firmware updaete by the end of the month, this could mean that Samsung will make it available via KIES too but im not 100& certain i will try to contact UK carriers and discuss this matter @scubajoe@Jibran

7. Felix

I have an unlocked phone made in Korea, but currently in the USA….if i plug it into Kies will it look for a USA update or some other country…

2.3.3 I9100XXKE7
    2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF3-CL276555 root@DELL101#2

• Florian Mihu Post author

Where the phone was made doesnt really matter, if your device is unlocked network free just put a sim in and try to update your device and get back to us with feedback if you encounter any more problems we will try to help!

• Palash Jain

Just wait a little USHA Samsung is distributing updates a bit slowly in asian countries it will come in a few weeks dont worry.Do keep checking kies every once in a while though!!!!!!

8. Magyar

I am new owner of samsung galaxy s2 and want to upgrade (Hungary). Usually how long time does it take for it to come out in kies? Also wonder if it’s true that you will break your warranty if you root the phone with odin.

9. Scott Popowich

if you just bought it yeah you should, from what we know the update to 2.3.5 is right around the corner until the end of this month, sometimes gets delayed but should be here sometime soon

we will announce it when the time comes.. check the site from time to time or subscribe to our newsletter

• Florian Mihu Post author

Did you had any other Samsung device before the SGS II? Update system through KIES sucks big time :)

Many people use Oding or Heimdall to flash new firmware cause SamFirmware brings more updates and faster than Samsung does via Kies.

10. Magyar

I had sony-ericsson(not android so this is completly new for me). I must wait since I read from others that even after they make a rooting they can’t upgrade via kies…

11. Nick

Is there a generic Samsung rom we can use that will allow us to get the updates as soon as they are released as opposed to having a carrier rom? I am on Three UK and still waiting for 2.3.4 to resolve the damn Android OS bug and still no progress. If I am to add anoher rom I’d prefer to put a generic Uk / european one that will allow me to get updates faster?? does it work like that or am I wrong?

12. Mudassar

Hi (OFFICIAL KIES UPDATE AVAILABLE…)

I got my mobile from Sweden with KE7 2.2.3 and Android OS bug. I also returned one set and got new one on the pretext of andriod os bug. but new mobile also had same problem. My mobile shows that it was build on June 7, 2011.

I don’t know about Sweden but I am on visit to Germany and just connected my mobile to KIES and got notification of FIRMWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE. I hope this would be true for all users. The new firmware is:

Android 2.3.4
    Baseband version: i9100XXKI1
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7 – I9100XWKI4-CLS75468
    root@DELL143 #2
    Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XWKI4

I will update here whether Android OS issue has gone, improved or whatever.

Cheers
    Mudassar

13. Mudassar

@Magyar:I think changing IP will not work. And I did not get it because I am in Germany (people in Germany still don’t have the update). I got it because it has been released for Nordic countries.

By the way.. no video chat in gtalk
    Android OS is still there but I think not as bad as before. i will update after charging it fully and then see the difference.

14. Arnab Naha

Hi..
    I am in India. Want to know when the update to 2.3.4 will be available. I bought the phone on 16th september 2011 (SGS2). I have android 2.3.3. Another question..Will SGS2 be updated with android 2.4 (Icecream sandwich)?

15. Nick

i dont think my question has been answered. I understand if using kies it will not be a custom version of android. but would imagine it wil build for your carrier, probably reading your imei number. i was wondering if ther is a non carrier branded version we can install, as the manufacturer wanted the phone to be before the carriers tweak it. second question is, even if you one and installed it, would kies overwite it next time you update it to the one for the carrier? by the way if the update hasnt fixed the os bug i am a vey unhappy customer..

16. Mudassar

@Magyar:

Android OS bug = When I see battery usage of applications, Android OS is always on top with around 70-80% battery consumption. It is usually 1/4 of the total time on battery. So with only very mild use, my mobile survives 16-20 hours at maximum. (I keep my wifi on all the time and 3g data for around 1 hour).

It is possible that you don’t have it at all or you have not noticed it.

FIX: Even after update, the problem is still there. I have tried to fix it with enabling System Power Saving mode in Settings->Power saving. My mobile now lasts for 20+ hours or probably 24 hrs which is acceptable.

17. Nathan

I Bougth my Galaxy SII in Qatar almost 2 month ago.
    I’m running 2.3.3 XXKG5.
    I can see that Gingerbread 2.3.5 is already available and even 2.3.6 for the Nexus S (Which I had before) is out.
    Untill when do we have to wait to get the official update via kies ?
    I’m really unhappy with the samsung updating progress, I’m not even able to find a service center that I could contact by email for more details :(

• Scott Popowich

2.3.5 firmware update is available only if flashed through Odin from PC worldwide while the KIES update is still delaying in most of the countries, Nexus S 4G 2.3.6 is also available do a search on our website and you’ll have the instructions inside the post on how to update it

18. Magyar

I don’t seem to have the bug…:)
    For me it shows that the screen is taking around 65%, while android operative system takes 5-7%

19. Roy

I’ve successfully updated my SGS2 via Kies to Android 2.3.5
    PDA: I9100ZSKI3
    PHONE: I9100XXKI3
    CSC: I9100ZSKI3
    Build info: Fri Sep 23 19:48:32 KST 2011

20. luigi A

it says singapore has it..but i checked moments ago and i kies still dont have it..anyone from singapore who has it?

• Florian Mihu Post author

2.4 will remain for Gingerbrea firmware in the future if AndroidDevs will want to keep it updated until it reaches that number, while ICS will use nr 4.0 and will go on from there with 5.0 probably with Android Jelly Bean as rumored

21. Barzu Paul Iustinian

I got an SGS II from orange romania and it is operating on android 2.3.3 and i don’t have an update to 2.3.4 or 2.3.5 via Kies.How can i update in this case whitout loosing my waranty???

• Florian Mihu Post author

You can do that using Odin or Heimdall but our advice is not to if you do not have previous experience into flashing ROM’s.

Samsung should release sometime soon an update via KIES in Romania, until than check our website from time to time for new firmware availability / upgrade announcements or you can just subscribe to our newsletter!

22. Barzu Paul Iustinian

I know how to change my rom using Odin.The problem is that Vodafone Romania allready release Android 2.3.5 in the air and on Orange Romania i am stuck whit Android 2.3.5.I’ve got
    firmware version: PDA:KH1/PHONE:KH1/CSC:KH1(ORO) and i want to stay whit ORO in case of some problems so i can go whit my SGS II to waranty.So if you now someting abou Orange release of Android 2.3.5 in Romania i would be greatfull.

23. Rus

I ordered the phone from England to Russia, and still I can not upgrade to 2.3.4, although my friends had long since upgraded

24. braillejs

is there any chances that 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 update will available in malaysia? pls reply me..i reallt need to know this..

25. Daniela

i know that Germany has the 2.3.4 update since the 26th of september. please correct it in your list.

But i have another problem: I live in Germany but i have a Galaxy S2 from France. So i can’t get the German firmware.

My question is, if anyone knows about an available update to 2.3.4 in france? if its already available via kies, i’ll never get it here in germany :-(

if it didnt arrive yet, i can keep my hope, that the problem isn’t that i live in Germany by having a french galaxy s2.

• Florian Mihu Post author

it doesnt matter if its a german of a france firmware update.. all you need to do after a successful install, is to change the language from Menu>Settings>Locale and text>your language.

if you dont understand the language of the firmware.. “Locale and text” ICON has a letter “A” thats the one you want to click on!

26. Daniela

yes i know, but thats not what i mean.
    because i have a galaxy s2 from france, the firmware is’nt offered via kies at the moment. so i can’t install it. that’s my problem. i don’t get any update at the moment. in germany they offer the new update. i live here but my mobile phone isn’t german. so i have to wait for the french firmware. and that’s why i’m asking, if the french firmware 2.3.4 is available. if yes, it could be possible that kies doesnt offer it to me, because i live in germany. do you know what i mean?

thanks for your answer.

27. Daniela

each mobile phone has a code for the country it comes from. my code is xef, which means it’s from france. i already use it with german language. but because of the code, kies doesnt give me the update. if i would have the german code, it would have started to roll out the update. it doesnt matter where you live, it only matters which county-code the phone has.

28. Mudassar

I have already updated to 2.3.5 in Sweden via Kies. I don’t know anything special in the new version not even video option in gtalk. I think something new will be available in ice-cream version i.e andriod 4.0 in Novemeber.

29. Ragysabry80

Dear,
    i’m from egypt and i tried many times to ipdate my baseband 2.3.3 to either 2.3.4or2.3.5 through kies and my phone updator but with no luck .
    Really i need ur help on how can i update my mobile ad i know all above version are active now for egypt.

Thanks a lot for ur kind support,
    Ragy

• Florian Mihu Post author

Alright lets check a few things .. first .. you have KIES software installed is your device recognized by KIES when you plug it into the USB? if so .. Check for new updates and tell me what it says.. if nothing happens than its not available or it could be a problem with your operating system on your PC/laptop/MAC.

Happend before to few unlucky people the device is undetecable. Pls provide more details about your problem so that we can figure out whats going on.

You can also contact local customer service (carrier) call them or go directly to a local store and ask about an update.

30. Ragysabry80

Dear,

Thanks a lot for ur kind support,
    Ragy

31. Florian Mihu

You can try to flash a new stock ROM via Odin software but you need experience for that because you might end up with a bricked phone if you do not know what your doing .. my advice is to check some tutorials on how to flash with Odin.

32. Florian Mihu

33. Murtadha 1979

hello i bought my gs2 from germany andi dont have arabic writing or reading please help me and i dont want to root it >>>thanks

• Florian Mihu

you need to be rooted to manually flash a stock rom with support for arabic language. without that you cant! Or try contacting Samsung services in your country they might help you out.