One of the applications I always install on any of my Android phones right after a firmware update, is Elixir, because I find it very useful.
Elixir is a system information application with highly configurable widgets, which helps me to quickly display any information about my device from battery stats, to cpu frequency, missed calls, unread text messages, internal-external storage space left and a lot more.
Tamas Barta developer of this application brings an updated version of Elixir, the 2.0 with a totally new GUI interface and a new icon pack.
Elixir 2.0 changelog:
- Elixir is separated into Elixir and Elixir Widget: you can install only the widgets or the main app if you want. Elixir now can be moved to SD but Elixir Widget can’t because of an Android restriction.
- Help icons in every screen that display information about that screen. >>
- New GUI with a main screen. >>
- In every screen where the list can be filtered you can use the physical search button to enter text.
- There are shortcuts to Elixir screens. You can put these shortcuts into your home screen or a widget.
- The information screen of Elixir is separated into Device information and Software information screens.
- News in Device information screen: more information is displayed, multiple camcorders supported, you can go many system screens, mount / unmount SD, make bluetooth discoverable, start / cancel bluetooth discovery, view your location in map, get more detailed address, update your location, etc. >>
- New Software information screen: more information is displayed, displays and you can edit clipboard content. >>
- News in Sensors screen: progress bar displays the current value relative to the maximum, displays power usage, graphical display of sensor values. New sensor: michrophone. Displays large differences in different color, this can be used for a metal detector just for fun of course. >>
- New Applications screen: display / filter by “on SD status”, displays code / data / cache size, displays version, clear all cache, easily launch / uninstall / etc >>
- New Application labels screen: you can organize applications by labels and create shortcut to a label >>
- News in Report sending: the report contains the list of system and user applications. You can use it to easily save what apps you installed.
- New Help screen: displays the online documentation inside the app.
- New Developer screen: view or send dmesg / logcat logs >>
- News in Running processes screen: displays and sort by cpu / memory usage, displays total cpu usage from boot, view logs for process, etc.>>
- New Top screen: output of top command, cpu / memory usage of processes, displays user / system / iowait / irq usage >>
- Statusbar icons: can display free memory, can display percent values as text. You can select the color or type type of the icon too.
- You can put widgets to the statusbar. >>
- You can open widgets via shortcuts. You can put these shortcuts into your home screen or a widget. >>
- New widget icons
- 2×5 widget size for tablets
- News in Widget configuration screen: pressing the view icon will display the result if you have empty / hide slots in your widget; context menu for slots where you can modify slot parameters, hide rows / columns or swap slots / rows / columns >>
- More customizable widgets: many new background type or you can set background to any color, you can set background transparency; you can change label size; toggle vibration setting
- More customizable slots: set onclick action, label, image, refresh rate for slots. You can change app launcher icon / label, contact icon / label, shortcut icon / label for example.
- Better widget performance: uses less cpu, there isn’t continously running service anymore, etc.
- Contact type: direct e-mail on click
- Memory type: display free memory in percent or MB
- Wifi / Mobile signal strength type: display strength in percent or dBm
- Wifi toggle type: display state or network name as label
- Wi-Max toggle type: you can open the “Radio info” system screen when you click on this toggle to turn 4G on/off
- New types: CPU usages * freq, Uptime, SD mount / unmount toggle, SD refresh (scan for new media), Flash toggle (TeslaLED needed)
- Unread Gmail count changed to Unread E-mail count: you can set any IMAP account now
- News in Customize icons screen: icon packs can be downloaded from the Web. >>
- Screen toggle is in a separate Elixir Admin add-on to make it optional
- New Widget performance screen: check which widget / slot drains your battery or whether your widgets are efficient or not >>