No need to wait for the official Gingerbread 2.3.4 version if you are a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S2 and you also have at least medium skills to flash a firmware with Odin, you can start flashing (Nobody is to be held responsible but yourself if something goes wrong).
The leaked Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread appeared on the xda-forums today, this is a based stock rom and it is deodexed.
Everything in the BASE ROM is stock and deodexed! No overscroll, tv-off, extended power menu or anything else!
- Download SuperCore and DarkyROM2 from the links bellow
- Install SuperCore with ODIN
- Boot and upload DarkyROM2 zip to internal SD Card
- Reboot into recovery (vol-up+home+power) recovery takes long time to load! Be patient.
- Use the recovery menu to select the zip and install it
- Reboot and enjoy
This ROM installs without wiping your data, if you want to wipe, put a folder/file called “wipe” inside /sdcard/Darky folder.(Do not use wipe/factory reset from CWM!)
If you want to experience a lighter and faster version (lots of apps removed) create file/folder “no-samsung” inside /sdcard/Darky folder
If you want to not install Swype, create file/folder “no-swype” inside /sdcard/Darky folder
SuperCore 1.0 Kernel: HERE
DarkyROM2 XXKG1 BASE DEODEXED CWM: HERE (Browser Lag)
STOCK XXKG1 ODIN Firmware: HERE
Help and more info: HERE